• Experienced in all segments of the energy industry (upstream, midstream, downstream and petrochemicals, and alternative/ renewable energy)
• Chairman of a $2 billion refinery venture
• CEO of a natural gas processing company
• Executive Vice President and General Counsel of a $12 billion chemical and refinery business
• Board or Advisory Board member to several public and private energy companies - including a natural gas processing company, an oil field services company, refiners, petrochemical companies and an investment fund.
• Public and private debt and equity financings
• Merger, acquisition and venture transactions
• Energy project development
• Commercial transactions
• Board leadership
• Environmental and natural resource law
• Litigation management
• Legislative and regulatory affairs
• Stanford University School of Law, JD - Order of the Coif
• FINRA Registered Representative (Series 24, 62, 63, and 79)
• Member of the California and Texas State Bar Associations
• Equity Offerings – Participated as a principal or advisor in both public and private equity offerings totaling in excess of $3 billion, including an initial public offering of $1.3 billion for a petrochemical company and an $80 million private placement of project financing for natural gas processing facilities
• Debt Financings – Experience includes over $11 billion of public and private debt financings, including project financings.
• Merger & Acquisition Transactions – Led numerous financial transactions including merger of privately held distributed generation businesses, several acquisitions of chemical plants (cumulative value in excess of $7 billion), sales of various upstream and downstream energy industry assets valued in excess of $1.5 billion, and acquisition or sale of ownership interests in refining, pipeline and marine terminal joint ventures.
• Onshore Oil & Gas Production – Land use permits and surface lease negotiations for development of oil and gas properties in Ojai, California.
• Offshore Oil & Gas Production – Environmental reviews, permits, state lease negotiations and litigation to authorize resumption of drilling in Santa Barbara Channel, following moratorium from 1969 Unocal blow-out.
• Coal Mine and Oil Shale – Development of environmental compliance and mitigation plans for surface and underground mines in Colorado and Wyoming.
• Pipelines – Joint venture formation, rate proceedings, financings and permitting for TAPS and Kuparuk pipelines (Alaska).
• Marine Terminals – Environmental reviews, permitting and contract negotiations for deepwater berth in Long Beach, California.
• LNG Import/ Export Facility – Commercial, financial and strategic consulting support for various LNG projects, including a U.S. Gulf Coast LNG export facility, a small scale West Coast project, and a Middle East LNG import facility .
• Refinery Upgrade – Joint venture negotiations with a national oil company, permitting and financing for refinery upgrade in Houston, Texas.
• Chemical Plants – Strategic analysis and financing for new chemical plant units in Rotterdam.